Wednesday, April 30, 2025

Present/Past/Future - Pratice Drills

Que tal aprender, revisar e memorizar a estrutura de três tempos verbais em inglês de forma simples e prática? Preparei este exercício especialmente para você, com o apoio da inteligência artificial. Pratique bastante até memorizar — assim, na hora de conversar em inglês, você vai conseguir usar essas estruturas com muito mais facilidade e fluência. Sempre que aprendo um idioma, uso essa técnica. Repito muito, memorizo frases inteiras, treino gramática... até lembrar sem ter que fazer esforço. É a única forma de me sentir segura e começar a arriscar falar o novo idioma.
Depois me conte nos comentários como foi a sua experiência.
Have fun and keep practicing!


🎧 Tense Practice Drills: Past – Present – Future


Self-study practice - Audio

🔁 Repetition Drill

First listen to the example. Then, pause the recording and repeat. After that, listen to the example again.

  1. I work from home.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ I work from home.

  2. I worked from home yesterday.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ I worked from home yesterday.

  3. I’ll work from home tomorrow.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ I’ll work from home tomorrow.

  4. She takes the train.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ She takes the train.

  5. She took the train last night.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ She took the train last night.

  6. She’ll take the train next time.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ She’ll take the train next time.

  7. We eat dinner at 8.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ We eat dinner at 8.

  8. We ate dinner at 9 last night.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ We ate dinner at 9 last night.

  9. We’ll eat earlier tomorrow.
    Pause the recording and repeat.
    ✅ We’ll eat earlier tomorrow.


🔄 Substitution Drill

Listen to the prompt. Pause the recording and make the necessary changes to the sentence. Then listen to the new sentence.

Pay attention to the example:

  1. Prompt: I walk to the office. (You?)
    You say:
    ✅ You walk to the office.

  2. I walked to the office. (She?)
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ She walked to the office.

  3. I’ll walk to the office. (They?)
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ They’ll walk to the office.

  4. He studies every night. (We?)
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ We study every night.

  5. He studied last week. (They?)
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ They studied last week.

  6. He’ll study tomorrow. (You?)
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ You’ll study tomorrow.


❓ Question & Answer Drill

In this practice you’ll provide answers that are true about you. Then, you’ll listen to the suggestion given.

Pay attention to the example: 

  1. You’ll hear a question: What do you do on weekends?
    You pause the recording and answer with your own personal information.
    Then, you listen to the suggestion given: ✅ I go hiking and relax at home.

  2. What did you do last weekend?
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ I visited my family and watched a movie.

  3. What will you do next weekend?
    Pause the recording and answer.
    ✅ I’ll travel to the beach and read a book.


⏳ Mixed Tense Drill

Now you’ll listen to a prompt and use it to produce a sentence in the present, past and future. Listen to this example: 

 Prompt (to watch a movie)
You stop the recording and respond:
✅ I watch a movie every Friday.
✅ I watched a movie last Friday.
✅ I’ll watch a movie next Friday.

Then, you listen to the answers given.

Prompt: (to have lunch with my team)
Pause the recording and answer.
✅ I have lunch with my team on weekdays.
✅ I had lunch with my team yesterday.
✅ I’ll have lunch with my team tomorrow.

Prompt: (to work on a report)
Pause the recording and answer.
✅ I work on a report every morning.
✅ I worked on a report yesterday afternoon.
✅ I’ll work on a report later today.

Prompt: (to travel for work)
Pause the recording and answer.
✅ I travel for work twice a month.
✅ I traveled for work last week.
✅ I’ll travel for work next Monday.

Prompt: (to call a client)
Pause the recording and answer.
✅ I call a client every day.
✅ I called a client this morning.
✅ I’ll call a client after lunch.

Prompt: (to attend a meeting)
Pause the recording and answer.
✅ I attend meetings regularly.
✅ I attended a meeting yesterday.
✅ I’ll attend a meeting tomorrow morning.


No comments: